The village is situated at the Lipník Creek between Spišská Magura and Pieniny mountains. It was colonised in the 14-th century and re-colonised on basis of sc. “walachian law” in the 16-th century.
Locals worked as shepherds and tinkers, some of them worked in a sawmill, or produced whitewash and clothes. They did not work as woodcutters, but they worked as carriers of wooden material. The village kept its thinker-agricultural character till the World War II.
In the village there is a baroque-classicistic Greek-Catholic church from the year 1794 and a memorial devoted to the victims of both World Wars and the Slovak National Uprising (1944).