This village (in past it was called Folvark) is situated in the valley of the Horbáľov potok (Horbáľov Creek) between Spišská Magura and Pieniny mountains. In the 14-th century it was a vassal village of the Niedzica castle. In the 16-th century it was re-colonised on basis of sc. “walachian law”. Except for being farmers and shepherds people worked as tinkers, too.
In the village there is a Greek-Catholic church that was built in 1857 on foundations of an old gothic church.