Text    Map    Google Map

    Only ruins remained from the polish castle Czorsztyn, that was situated at the Zámocký Hill (589 m) on the left bank of the Dunajec river right at the water-dam Jezioro Czorsztyńskie.
    It was built at the times of Tatar invasion. It is known as a seat of many Polish mayors and was used as a border fortress and a counter-balance against the Ungarian castle Niedzice. It has often been a centre of many battles, uprisings and rebellions. In 1598 it was conquered by O. Laski, in 1651 by the farmers´ uprising leaded by Stanislav Kostka, and in 1768 by members of Bavarian confederation who came to the northern Slovakia after they were defeated in Poland.
    Nowadays the castle is a national cultural monument. From the ruins you would have a very nice view.



Spiš | Gemer | Liptov | Horehronie | Slovak Paradise | High Tatras | Low Tatras | Belianske Tatras
Pieniny | Spiš Castle | St. James’s Church | castle of Stará Ľubovňa | Krásna Hôrka | AquaCity | Bešeňová | Tatralandia | Vrbov | Vyšné Ružbachy